Monday, October 13, 2008

Long Time.....

Well I guess I got to give you a little update on what happened in my last week in Panmure. The baptism was sweet. It was small, just family and it was really spirit filled. It was a great joy to see him finally be baptized. But not much else happened.

I got the call Wednesday morning to be shifted down to Tauranga Stake. I'm now in the Southern Kingdom. I'm in the Whakatane and Opotiki wards. They are very small towns on the East coast of the country. Very beautiful. Reminds me heaps of home. My companion is Elder Bridge. He's from Queensland, Brisbane. He's been out only 1 transfer, I'm his follow up trainer and it's going well. I"m in a car again haha. But it's all good, we don't drive much. Only to get to Opotiki and to district meetings and stuff like that.

It was a 3 hour drive to Tauranga and then an aditional 1 1/2 hours to Whakatane. It' was very fun. NOT hahaha. I was sitting in the back and was very cramped. But it was all good because I drove from Tauranga to Whakatane. We got to watch the Sunday sessions of conf and priesthood but not the Saturday sessions. So of course I was pretty gutted about that. But it's all good. I"ll just read it all when we get the Ensign. Not too much has happened since I've been here. I got here on Friday evening because my z.l. had a meeting.

No comments: