Sunday, December 21, 2008

Nearly Christmas....

Well it's just about Christmas. This year has gone by so fast. I can not believe it. It impresses on my mind how important our time here on the earth is and how extremely short it is also. I am so greatful to be here serving the Lord, especially during this season of the year. I'm so greatful for the Savior and for the life that He led. I'm forever in debt of what He did for us and will be always trying to serve as He would have me do. I hope that this season we'll all be able to remember the true meaning and the true spirit of CHRISTmas! I love my Savior and this wonderful gospel. Hope that all is going well and that you will be blessed this season. Thanks for everything! I love you all!


Love Elder Davenport

More from his letter:

Also we got to go to the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional last night. It was so good! I was blown away. I learned so much. I really liked how I think it was Pres. Uchtdorf said that His birth set forth the pattern of his life and that the most memorable Christmas's are the most humble then he related that to the most remembered and celebrated birth of the history of the world being the most humble.. It was a big point.. Idk I don't know how to explain it.. It just made so much sense to me..

Things in the area are going really well. We are still finding and still teaching. Although nearly all our investigators are going away for about 2 weeks. These next couple weeks will be interesting with transfers coming up and the holidays too. Hopefully it'll all go good.

I hope that all will be well with everyone! I love you all and I especially love the gospel and the things it's done for me lately!

No comments: