Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pres. Cook Return

Peggy and I went to Riverdale 2nd Ward Sacrament meeting to hear President Cook, Sister Cook and their daughter speak. President Cook was Michael's first mission president and his mission came to an end in July.

When I introduced us to him, I extended my hand and said, "You must be President Cook." He shook my hand and then I said, "We are the Davenports." He then said, "Oh, I need to give you a hug."

Then he said, "What a marvelous missionary!" He went on to indicate what a great experience he had with Elder Davenport.

Now, exerpts from Michael's letter to home:

This week has been a weird week. We didn't teach much but we made a lot of good contact with people. Transfers are this week. Kind of nervous but we are both confident we'll still be here. I don't have much time today. There's a lot of stuff to do.

I'm eating healthier and all the junk too. I almost cried when you said you went to Pres. Cook's homecoming. Sad you got to see him before me again. But that's okay. You'll have to let me know how it all went. But yea. Sorry this email is so short. I love you all!

No comments: