Friday, January 23, 2009

New Mission Address and Birthday Baptism

The mission office has moved. Please check the new address at the right.

There was a baptism on Michael's birthday.


The baptism was amazing. She's such a member. She fits in so well and it's just awesome. At the confirmation she was crying. It was just a wonderful present. We sang at the baptism, Elder Bridge and I. I took my mp3 player to record us, after we sang everyone told us how good we did. So we felt pretty good. When we got back to our flat we listened to it and just cringed. haha. We sounded gross. So then later at a surprise b-day dinner we asked a member who's really honest with us how she thought we sounded. She told us not to sing again by ourselves in front of a group hahahaha.. So yea. It felt good though.

Dani told us that she wants to be baptised without Adam knowing. We were quit surprised that she said that. But she has no action and really no intent on stopping smoking and drinking. Because when she went to Tarinaki she started again. So we are really confused about what to do with her. Last night we had a lesson and we just boldy told her what her choices were and what the consequence would be of each one. It was a very spiritually filled lesson. But we feel that she could at some stage make the right choice. .

There's a member family in Opotiki called the Fermanis family. They are an awesome family. I wish we could be down there more to spend more time but it's really hard. Anyways they have a garden with corn. The other day we got to be the first ones to eat their corn. It was so good. I haven't had it on the cob in ages...

But yea. So not much happened the rest of the week.. Oh yea I forgot, we had Zone Conference It was so good. For some reason it always seems to be centered around me and how I can be better. There's so much that President could do but somehow it's always around me and my needs. I can definitely tell that he is inspired from on high to help. It's awesome.

Oh and I got all my letters from December. For some reason they were sent to the address of where a couple missionary used to flat about a year ago. So all my December mail I got just yesterday. haha. It was really nice to get! But now I have about 12 letters that I am going to attempt to write today. haha.

But things are going sweet. I'm really enjoying my time here. I'm learning so much. I'm starting a more in depth study of the doctrine of the lessons and that's going really well. Also I'm reading a chapter a day from the B O M and that's going really well. It's just such a blessing!

I love you all and hope for the best!

Love Elder Davenport

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im maybe to late to congratulate you, but congratulation for the baptism, what a great blessing to see our investigators to come member of the true church:)