Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Finally in New Zealand

Today, Elder Davenport arrived in New Zealand. His email to us was very brief.

He wrote:

"Well the flight was long and no fun.. but oh well.. I'm here and all is well.. We are just setting up everything and I get to go take a nap for a couple hours too! Love ya!"

Then he sent another one:
"Hey sorry I sent the last email on the wrong computer.. and the Sister told me to just do it from there but it sent it from the office building.. but ya so my email is the same as it has been..

Peggy also got an email from Elder Jones mother, which included information from Sister MacKay in Auckland:

Sister Jones,
By now he has met President and Sister Cook at the airport and is enroute, with the other missionaries, to a NZ landmark called "One Tree Hill". It is a beautiful location where he will be able to look out as far as the eye can see and realize how vast the North Shore of New Zealand is. It is a sacred Maori landmark which used to have a huge Kauri tree growing a top. Several years ago vandals cut the tree down, but could not marr the beauty of the "hill".
After visiting "One Tree Hill" they will be here in the office - that should be in about an hour or so. They will interview with the President, be processed by our office staff, open his bank account and will be able to email home to tell you he has arrived.
There is always a table loaded with beautiful fruit, juice and muffins:)
Please don't hesitate to email me when you have any questions,
Sister Mackay

Looks like the Elders are loved and looked after.

1 comment:

Esther said...

I am so glad that Mike got to New Zealand safe and sound! I remember my plane trip to the Phillipines and it was lonnnng. I can imagine how hard it was for him. I loved the fruit on the table part:)
Thank you so much for keeping us updated. I have sent a letter to his mission last Friday, hope he gets it soon.
He is a real blessing to our family. I hope that you all are well.